Friday, July 11, 2008

Ugh, Ugh, Ugh

It's been that kind of day. I got up with a headache, but tried to go to work anyway. Took my shower, dressed, slapped on some makeup, and was in the McDonald's drive-thru waiting for my sweet tea when I realized I was probably going to throw up. I made it back home, called in sick, and took my heavy-duty meds. No throwing up, thank goodness, but I've felt lousy all day. That's a migraine for ya! It's not just a headache, it's a whole-body experience!

Once the meds kicked in, I was able to knit, so all was not lost. I finished the orange Marigold socks, and cast on a pair in Opal Rainforest yarn. I love the colors in this one: blues, watermelon pinks, and yellow. No pics today--I'm not up to that.

I had such a nice time with my granddaughter yesterday. We spent a lot of time together because her mommy was napping for a while, then went out for the evening. For some reason, Baby was in cuddly mode, and she's really starting to talk now. I asked her for a kiss, and for the first time she put her mouth on my cheek (she can't quite pucker yet) and said, "Mmmmmmah!" Instant Memaw puddle! I gave her a bath later and popped her in her jammies, and we snuggled a while before she went to bed. She's growing up so fast, and it's so much fun to see, but oh how I miss that tiny baby!

I just finished listening to "The Age of Innocence" while I was knitting today, so it's on to another book. I didn't make it back to Henry James, and I don't think I could take that today. I may have to go with Jane Austen, probably "Pride & Prejudice." I just downloaded "John Adams" the other day, but given my loopy mental state, that might be too heavy as well.

Off to check Plurk one last time before shutting down.

1 comment:

Daniele said...

I hate migraines too. It's like a mini-seizure or something. Then you just feel wonky for the rest of the day. I think mine are based on hormones. Of course, being in my 40's now, it's all about hormones! Hope you are feeling better soon. Can't wait to see the Marigolds!