Monday, December 29, 2008

We Have a Date (maybe)!

The official Wedding Date is set (that is, if DH gets on the ball and reserves the reception hall today.) Saturday, April 11th will be the Beginning of Eternal Bliss Day, or so we hope.

This means that I have about three months to knit The Dress, which is why there's been very little blogging, and no pictures (sorry Daniele. I know you keep asking. But it really doesn't look like much right now anyway.) Actually, I need to get it done in a lot less than three months, because if it turns out to be a disaster, we need to get another dress ASAP. So I gotta go knit.

Here's something else: I had gotten into The Loopy Ewe's Spring Fling retreat, but I've had to let my spot go. There's no way I can manage a wedding and a trip to St. Louis in the same month, either physically or financially. It's a disappointment, because I'd finally get to meet Wendy from WendyKnits, not to mention a whole bunch of Plurkers and Ravelers that I know only online. Well, I'll keep checking the Interweave site for the info about SOAR. Maybe I can go there instead.

The good news is that I think I'm finally not sick anymore! Hooray! Oh, yeah--remember how I mentioned that Missy didn't stay out of the baby's Vomit Zone? Heh, she paid for that mistake BIG TIME!! Betcha she never takes Rugrat into bed with her while Rugrat's sick again! Oh, the lessons we learn as a parent...

2 comments:

Nan said...

I'm totally in awe of your knitting a wedding dress. Hope it works out exactly as you hope it will.

Daniele said...

Okay Okay . . . . I'll wait. :)

Plus, SOAR is looking good...

Happy New Years Sweet Pea!