Thursday, April 10, 2008

Danger Lurks

The good news is that I finished the blue Panda Wool socks yesterday. Yay!!

The bad news is that we're going to the big fiber fest in Greencastle, Indiana on Saturday.

I keep telling myself that I'll only shop for books or maybe a new spindle, but you and I both know that I'm not going to be able to resist all the luscious fiber that I know I'll be surrounded by. So why am I going? Well...because I can? And because it will be a nice mother-daughter bonding trip? And because someone has to help support all those hard-working people who make a living from the fiber arts?

I know. I have no backbone.

BUT--I have now finished SIX projects, which is amazing for me. I've been working on both big and small projects, and I almost finished the baby sweater/coat yesterday. I've sold a few things on ebay, and plan to list more. I'm in the clutter-clearing mindset, and that's spilled over into other areas of my life. So overall I feel pretty good. I'm not going to get bent out of shape if I buy fiber this weekend. But maybe I should try to not buy any more sock yarn. I think I have enough. I also have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

I finally made into a fiber blog ring, and lemme tell ya, some of those people out there are amazing! I've only been to a few blogs so far, but the work--or should I say ART--that is being done is humbling. It makes me want to just slink back into my corner with my boring little socks and tiny cross-stitch pieces and keep my mouth shut.

I did take pictures of the Sewing Room Hellhole, but I'm too stoopid to put them on the computer by myself. Well, not really. I just can't find the little doohickey that you stick the memory card from the camera in so you can connect it to the computer. Maybe I should buy a doohickey just for me. If only I knew what it was called...

No comments: