Friday, April 18, 2008

It's Not Working

I really thought that I could stick to my resolution to not buy more yarn, to finish all the projects I've started, to get a grip on the stash. But it is just not working. I did resist Panda Wool for the second time in one week, and I walked away from the super-super fine alpaca and silk shawl yarn. It actually wasn't that difficult, and I had been feeling rather smug until today. Today I realized that my fatal weakness is Noro.

It was understandable when I had to snap up that skein of Noro sock yarn a couple of weeks ago after I had sworn to stop buying yarn. It's hard to come by, so I grabbed it when I could.

And, really, there's nothing wrong with sticking a ball of wool in the baby's hands and saying, "That's Noro. Say NO-RO. Come on, say NO-RO." (Baby responds, "Blblglpthlg." We think she's getting close.)

And I had to buy the new Noro pattern book when I saw it last week, because eventually I will finish all these projects and will want some new patterns to work on.

And yesterday, when I was at Marcia's shop, and there were three balls of the new Taiyo yarn that she had special ordered, and they were on the table right in front of me, and the customer that had ordered them happened to phone and said she wanted seven balls of the ten that came in the order, which meant that those three on the table were the only ones left, and that's just the amount I need for my favorite pattern in the new Noro book...well, what would YOU have done?

But now I know I'm doomed. I just checked my email and clicked the link to an online shop and what do I see at the top of the page? "We now have Noro sock yarn in stock!" Right above the color chart. And one of the colorways is purple. I'm sunk.

You don't really think I'm going to tell you what website that is, do you?

More non-fiber-related photos. Cargo pants and flip-flops. How cute is that? (Say NO-RO, NO-RO...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I know what that online store is!
And it was totally fair for me to tempt you- ALL is fair in love and fiber.
Is it bad that I'm trying to teach my baby to say Noro too? SHould be easy, right? Not so much.