Monday, April 28, 2008

Random Stuff

So far I've resisted casting on the Dale sweater. I worked on the Crayon Box jacket all evening last night, and actually finished the first sleeve. The pattern tells you that it will look way too small and short, and boy is that the truth! But she assures you that it will work, so I'm taking it on faith. Besides, it's a modular knit thingy. I can surely figure out how to add squares if I need to make it bigger. Surely.

I'm in a total funk because I can't drive to Indianapolis tomorrow night to see the Yarn Harlot. I don't know if she'll get around this way again on this tour, and I REALLY wanted to go. I might console myself by casting on the Dale sweater.

Pictures of completed projects are way overdue, but I haven't had a chance to get them done. I need to because I could really use the socks right now. My wool ones are too warm. Meanwhile, here are a couple more pics from the Fiber Event.

We grabbed this poor knitter and made her stand in the freezing drizzle so we could photograph her fabulous sweater. (She didn't want her face in the picture, and I forgot to ask her name. I feel bad about that.If anyone recognizes the sweater and slicker and knows who she is, let me know so I can credit her.) This is a Philosopher's Wool sweater, and it was absolutely gorgeous! She said she bought a kit, and it was great, and that she would recommend their kits to anyone. I have that book, and I've drooled over it for years, so maybe it will go into the queue right after the Dale sweater! And now that I look at the picture a little closer, I realize that those mitts are pretty cool too!

These were the only two alpacas we saw, and Missy fell in love. She keeps asking WHY we can't keep one in the back yard. She swears the village council will think it's just a weird dog. I think she's delusional.

No comments: