Saturday, April 12, 2008

I Was Right

There was danger lurking at the fiber fest today. But not in the form I expected...

I am extremely proud of how little fiber I bought. I only bought ONE skein of sock yarn! And I actually had Panda Wool in my hands, and I put it back and walked away. I think that's progress in the overall hoarding scheme of things. I did buy a skein of laceweight alpaca (and a pattern for it) and a couple of ounces of an alpaca/wool/silk mix, and a little bit of tencel just to try out. So overall the fiber picture wasn't as bad as might have been expected.

I ended up with two spindles, a book on ganseys, a darning egg, some hand-turned shawl pins (one for a gift), and a Jensen wheel.

Oops, what was that last thing? Yeah, I can't believe it myself. I'm too wiped out to spell out the details, and I'm trying to steel my nerves for when hubby gets home and sees how big it is (he saw the pieces as I was bringing them in, but he had to leave before I put it together.) It is truly a fabulous piece of engineering--spins effortlessly. I got the one with the orifice on the right side because of the way I hold my fiber, and I can't believe the difference in how easy it is to spin! I just didn't realize how big it is until I got it into my tiny living room. Pictures will be up ASAP.

Now I have to divest myself of a couple of other wheels, and I've decided to let my big loom go. If you live in the SW area of Ohio, keep your eye on Craigslist, because I'll be putting them on soon!

2 comments:

Abby Franquemont said...

Wait! What are you getting rid of? No... wait. Never mind. This is me exercising restraint. I think.

See, I saved myself from the risks involved in Greencastle by making that jaunt to Michigan. ;-)

Lisa said...

Heh, heh, heh (evil laugh.) Come on little fishy...you know you need another wheel...